This puja saw the dawn in 1770 when Ram Dulal Dey started Devi puja at their Beadon street residence. After him the puja lineage was carried on by his sons and it fondly came to be known as ‘Chatu Babu and Latu Babu’ puja.
The palatial building of Mitras came into existence during the times of Durgacharan Mitra who had several business including being court jeweller of Nawab Siraj -ud -Daulah. His Nephew Nilmani Mitra continued the legacy. Later the family’s condition declined. but Nilmani Mitra’s grandson Radhakrishna bought back fortune in the family. It was Radhakrishna who started [...]